Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sduvall
Frequent Visitor

Create a Parameter off of a Column Query

I'm trying to create a parameter using a Query from the values in my dataset.

From all of the tutorials I've watched, creating a Parameter requires you to have static values (i.e. a series of %'s, dates, metrics, etc.), however I'd like to have my parameter values be based off of the values in a column of my data (these names will change every time I refresh the data). Is this possible to do?

For Example, I have a dataset with a column named "Baseline Scenario" with a series of scenario names listed below.

sduvall_0-1683749042545.png

However, when I upload a new dataset, or refresh the data, these Scenario Names may change and will no longer match what is listed, there may be more, less, etc.

What I'd like to do is have the Parameter Table read from whatever is listed here so that every time I refresh the data, I can have a slicer automatically know the scenario names based off of what was included in the data.

Is this possible?

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Could that parameter come from a sharepoint list?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors