Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rngomoa
Frequent Visitor

Counting two columns of TX_Curr and Valid_VL

Am trying to compute a count of clients with a valid_VL_1 as follows;

For a VL to be valid, it should be;

1. Have an order_date >-12 months from the selected month in the slicer.

2. Clients should have a deduplicated TX_Curr_lab=1.

3. The exit date> client visit date.

Each client has numerous visits and thus this dataset contains many duplicates.

1. Before I remove the duplicate, I need to select dates <= the selected dates in the slicer,

2. Then sort the data in descending order based on 3 columns i.e patient_id, mflcode and visit_date

3. Then select the most recent date.

4. Select if the visit_date-12 months from the selected month in the slicer "As Valid_VL" else "Not Valid_VL"

5. Then ensure each client is active as at the selected date on the slicer i.e (Their Next_appointment date>-28 days of the selected date in the slicer.

Below is the DAX I did.

However, when I plot Tx_curr_lab and Valid_VL_1, the numbers are the same. However, I expect the Valid_VL_1 < TX_Curr_lab since TX_Curr_lab is the denominator.

Valid_VL_1 =

VAR curdate = MAX(CalenderDate[dates])

VAR curdate2=MAXX(DATEADD(CalenderDate[dates],-28,DAY),CalenderDate[dates])

Var date_lab_ordered=MAXX(Lab_data,Lab_data[date_ordered])

VAR valid=IF(date_lab_ordered>MAXX(DATEADD(CalenderDate[dates],-12,MONTH),CalenderDate[dates]),"Valid","Not Valid")

RETURN

COUNTX( FILTER( ADDCOLUMNS( SUMMARIZE(Lab_data,Lab_data[Greencard.patient_id],Lab_data[Greencard.mflcode],"vl_curr2", CALCULATE(COUNT(Lab_data[Greencard.patient_id]),Lab_data[Greencard.visit_date] <= curdate && Lab_data[Greencard.visit_date] <= Lab_data[Lab_ExitDate1] && Lab_data[Greencard.next_appointment_date] > curdate2) ), "vl_curr3", IF([tx_curr2] > 0, 1, 0) ), [vl_curr3] > 0 && valid="Valid" && [TX_Curr_lab]=1 ),valid)

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors