Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Drae

Conditional Formatting, Expiry dates on Matrix Visual

Hi All

I have a set of data tables, which I have used to populate a Matrix table to give me a training table. 

Drae_0-1714060000198.png

I added a measure with the following code, to show when things were still in date, within 30 days of expiry, and over 1 year since the date trained:

DateStatus =
VAR TodayDate = TODAY()
VAR CourseDate = MAX('EmployeeCourseLog'[CourseDate])
RETURN
SWITCH(
    TRUE(),
    CourseDate < TodayDate - 365, "Pink",
    CourseDate <= TodayDate - 335, "Light Yellow",
    TRUE(), "Light Green")

Which worked beautifully and created this:
Drae_1-1714060107726.png

BUT, now Senior management want difference training courses to be refreshed at different times, some every year, some every 2 years.  

I've been trying all sorts to get it to work, but I'm just stuck.  Here is a listof my tables, where you can see the "Expiration Date" Measure nestled in the "EmployeeCourseLog" table. 

Drae_2-1714060242198.png

Can anyone help with code that will separate conditional formatting by column. So, for example:

Cyber Security awareness - Green within 1 year, Yellow within 30 days of the year date, and red if past 1 year.

Equality, Diversity - Green within 2 years, Yellow within 30 days of the 2 year date, and red if past 2 years.

This is what I started messing with, and I feel like I'm on the right lines, but I'm lacking further knowledge to make it work:

Expiration Date =
VAR SelectedColumn = SELECTEDVALUE('CourseTitles'[CourseTitle])
RETURN
    SWITCH(
        SelectedColumn,
        "Cyber Security Awareness", MAX('EmployeeCourseLog'[CourseDate]) + 1 * 365,  // 1 year expiry, "Pink"
        TRUE(), "Light Green")

I hope what I'm asking has made sense? Really hope that a) it's possible and b) someone can help.

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Please provide sample data that covers your issue or question completely, in a usable format (not as a screenshot).

Do not include sensitive information or anything not related to the issue or question.

If you are unsure how to upload data please refer to https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-provide-sample-data-in-the-Power-BI-...

Please show the expected outcome based on the sample data you provided.

Want faster answers? https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447...

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors