Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TomdB
Frequent Visitor

Calculating average Parttime percentages of employees using DAX

Dear Experts,

I have quite a specific situation in which I want to calculate the average parttime percentages of employees using Dax. I have spend hours trying to figure it out but the data I am working with has many specific situations so creating a measure that covers all of those scenarios has proven to be quite difficult. I have an Excel worksheet which has the following format:

TomdB_0-1677154689345.png

In this (fictional) data, there are different kind of employees. There are some that only work in one department (Person 1) But there are also employees which work on severral departments and sometimes not for a full year. By hand, these calculations are quite simple but making a measure that covers all different scenarios is another story. In my real dataset I have more scenarios but these are some extreme ones so if someone could help me with these, I might be able to figure out the rest for myself. 
I know that this might take some time but I would really appreciate any help!

2 REPLIES 2
TaylorPBI21
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @TomdB ,

I am guessing that your day has 12 periods and if for example person 1 has a value in every period column they are considered full time and if a person is missing a value in a period column then they never worked that period considering them part time? 😎

Hi @TaylorPBI21 
Thank you for asking but I already figured it out how to solve my problem! Sorry for wasting your time 😞

Kind regards,

TomdB

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors