Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Reetz
Helper II
Helper II

Calculated Table that shows rows with no data

I have a sales table with no rows in the table if the sales don't exist for a particular date. I created a calculated table, but get the same result. 

I want the calculated table to insert sales of zero for the missing dates. 
Sales table example.PNGcalculated table.PNGdata model.PNG

Is this even possible?  Eventually, I want to have a rolling 12 month column, but my totals are wrong because the months with zero sales are not being included. 

3 REPLIES 3
FreemanZ
Super User
Super User

hi @Reetz 

It is possible by leftjoin a date table with your sales table in Power Query Editor.

Why do you think missing the zero sales rows affecting you calculation? What calculation do you get?

olgad
Super User
Super User

I assume the sales table is not gonna be so small in terms of data pump it with some more data so it has the different products on the same dates. Right now whats causing you a problem most probably is one to one relationship.

DID I ANSWER YOUR QUESTION? PLEASE MARK MY POST AS A SOLUTION! APPRECIATE YOUR KUDO/LIKE!
PROUD TO BE A SUPER USER!
Best Stories, Interesting Cases: PowerBI Storytime Newsletter
Linkedin Profile: Linkedin
YouTube Channel: PowerBI Storytime

Thank you for your response.    My actual sales table has a lot more data with a lot of accounts buying many different products on different dates.  (Although, my company summarizes those sales dates to be all the first of the month).  In actuality, the relationship between the date table and the sales table is a 1 to many.   I tried to scale down the example to uncomplicate it. 

I went back and added more accounts, products and sales with more dates and got the same results. 

What I am looking for is if a specific date has no sales for that account/product, I want to show a row for that missing date/account/product with sales of zero.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors