Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ScottCC

Calculate working days from today() in a column

Hi all, new to the forum and to PBI too!  Ive checked the archives but cant find an answer to the following....

I am trying to figure out how I can add a column to an existing table that will show me the number of working days (Networkdays?) between today and the date in another column.

Is it as simple as using Newtworkdays and adding a VAR for today()??  I assuming not but thought I would ask the community!!

Any help is greatly appreciated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
FreemanZ
Super User
Super User

hi @ScottCC 

if you expects a calculated column, try like:

Column = NETWORKDAYS([Date], TODAY())

FreemanZ_0-1675256750026.png

NETWORKDAYS accepts additional holiday arguments, if you have a list of holidays as a table. 

https://dax.guide/networkdays/

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
FreemanZ
Super User
Super User

hi @ScottCC 

if you expects a calculated column, try like:

Column = NETWORKDAYS([Date], TODAY())

FreemanZ_0-1675256750026.png

NETWORKDAYS accepts additional holiday arguments, if you have a list of holidays as a table. 

https://dax.guide/networkdays/

This worked perfectly for what I needed, clearly I was overcomplicating things!!!  Thank you

Payeras_BI
Super User
Super User

Hi @ScottCC,
It works just like this.

Payeras_BI_0-1675255417700.png

If this post answered your question, please mark it as a solution to help other users find useful content.
Kudos are another nice way to acknowledge those who tried to help you.

J. Payeras
Mallorca, Spain

Hi, Thanks for this.  It worked, partly.  For some reason for a small data set it worked exactly as expected.... but whn the same was applied to a larger set it gave the same return, irrespective of the table column dates.  Strange one I just couldnt understand at all, despite the dates being all different the return came bac all as 33211.  But it really helped in my understanding so thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors