Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ANHAMINE
Regular Visitor

Bar Chart & Table Visual showing different results for same data

Hi Experts ,

I am having a simple bar chart visual with some filters on it , few filters are fields from table & couple of them are 'measures'

I am seeing different data in bar chart visual & a different data in Table visual for same set of inputs [ data & filters] .

I am just wondering why it is happening? Can someone please help in here.

I am ready share further details as needed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ANHAMINE ,

This issue can occur if the table visual and the bar chart visual are using different filters or if the measures used in the visuals are different.

To troubleshoot this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Check if the filters used in the table visual and the bar chart visual are the same. If not, try to make them the same and see if the issue is resolved.

2. Check if the measures used in the table visual and the bar chart visual are the same. If not, try to make them the same and see if the issue is resolved.

3. Check if there are any interactions between the visuals. If there are, try to disable them and see if the issue is resolved.

4. Check if there are any issues with the data. If there are, try to fix them and see if the issue is resolved.

The last way to clearly see the difference between the two visuals is to turn the Bar chart into a Table visual. In the case of both Table visuals, the difference between the two can be observed more clearly.

In the visual selection bar, turn the bar chart to table visual:

vstephenmsft_0-1685501169629.png

vstephenmsft_1-1685501179285.png

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, please provide more details about the visuals and the data used in them, and I can try to provide more specific guidance.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.        

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-stephen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ANHAMINE ,

This issue can occur if the table visual and the bar chart visual are using different filters or if the measures used in the visuals are different.

To troubleshoot this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Check if the filters used in the table visual and the bar chart visual are the same. If not, try to make them the same and see if the issue is resolved.

2. Check if the measures used in the table visual and the bar chart visual are the same. If not, try to make them the same and see if the issue is resolved.

3. Check if there are any interactions between the visuals. If there are, try to disable them and see if the issue is resolved.

4. Check if there are any issues with the data. If there are, try to fix them and see if the issue is resolved.

The last way to clearly see the difference between the two visuals is to turn the Bar chart into a Table visual. In the case of both Table visuals, the difference between the two can be observed more clearly.

In the visual selection bar, turn the bar chart to table visual:

vstephenmsft_0-1685501169629.png

vstephenmsft_1-1685501179285.png

If none of the above steps resolve the issue, please provide more details about the visuals and the data used in them, and I can try to provide more specific guidance.

Best Regards,

Stephen Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.        

Hi Stephan,

Sorry for the delayed reply - I was trying to troubleshoot the issue with various methods.

Measures as FIlters / Other Filters are SAME on both the visuals - still it is yielding the same results.

I may not be able to share the dataset here as it is quite huge & have many measures . 

Anyways , I appreciate your help 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors