Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

mfloresb09

Averagex with a unique Identifier as a filter

Hey guys,

I appreciate the help. I want to create an expression that calculates the average price of different products filtered by a unique identifier in this case a contract number.

This is my data:

mfloresb09_0-1653676916967.png

This is the expression I am working with but it is not applying the Contract filter and instead it is using the total average on the data.

mfloresb09_1-1653677022838.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mfloresb09

Hi, @HenriqueReis Thanks for the reply. So I am using trying to view this information as a value in a matrix that was already created. I was playing with the model relationships and I fixed the issue I was having. I appreciate your help. The above expression was correct.

mfloresb09_0-1653678822944.png

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mfloresb09

Hi, @HenriqueReis Thanks for the reply. So I am using trying to view this information as a value in a matrix that was already created. I was playing with the model relationships and I fixed the issue I was having. I appreciate your help. The above expression was correct.

mfloresb09_0-1653678822944.png

That's great! haha

Regards!

HenriqueReis
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi,

It's simple:

Create a measure like this:

Measure = average(All contracts advanced[price])

Then put your meassure in a card

HenriqueReis_0-1653678221107.png

And create a slicer and put your contract

HenriqueReis_1-1653678242950.png

Select just the contracts you want and then I think it's going to work

Regards!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Power BI Header Change

Power BI Header Update

Read about the exciting updates for the Power BI forum.

Top Solution Authors