Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

equlibrum52
Frequent Visitor

A measure that can calculated values for categories other than the selected one

Hi 

I have a problem to solve that I can't handle.

After simplification, I have two tables, the first one with the product. Where for each product we have the price and the financing company, the financing company may be blank (if we purchased the product with our own funds)

productId pricefinancing_comapany_id

in the second table we have financing conditions for individual companies. That is, what percentage of the product amount is financed by own funds and what percentage by the financing company

financing_company_id    Downpayment            Financing            
1010%90%
1150%50%

What I would like to achieve is to create a measure that would calculate for each financing company the value of the capital involved in accordance with the terms of financing. That is, the price multiplied by the percentage of financing

That is, for product 1 it would be 100*90%=90

Complications occur with the financing company "blank" because for it, apart from the value of product prices for which financing_company is blank, I would also like to sum up the product values ​​multiplied by the downpayment value for products for which the financing company is not blank.

So for product 1, I would like for the category financing_company_id = blank to have the calculated price multiplied by downpayment so 100*10%= 10

This is what the table I want looks like

product/financing_company_id 1011
product11090 
product2100 100
product350450 
product41000  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Gengar
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @equlibrum52 ,

You can create a new table for matrix visual:

Gengar_0-1670157908060.png

Then create a matrix visual and apply the measure:

Measure = 
var Company = CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[financing_comapany_id]),FILTER('Table',[productId]=MAX('matrix'[productId])))
var Financing = CALCULATE(MAX('Table (2)'[Financing]),FILTER('Table (2)',[financing_company_id]=Company))
var DownPayment = CALCULATE(MAX('Table (2)'[Downpayment]),FILTER('Table (2)',[financing_company_id]=Company))
var Pricevalue = CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[price]),FILTER('Table',[productId]=MAX('matrix'[productId])))
var result1 = SWITCH(TRUE(),
MAX('matrix'[financing_comapany_id])=Company,Pricevalue*Financing,
ISBLANK(MAX('matrix'[financing_comapany_id])),DownPayment*Pricevalue,
BLANK())
return IF(ISBLANK(Company)&&ISBLANK(MAX('matrix'[financing_comapany_id])),Pricevalue,result1)

Gengar_1-1670157968324.png

Gengar_2-1670157987834.png

Hope this could help you!

Gengar

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Gengar
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @equlibrum52 ,

You can create a new table for matrix visual:

Gengar_0-1670157908060.png

Then create a matrix visual and apply the measure:

Measure = 
var Company = CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[financing_comapany_id]),FILTER('Table',[productId]=MAX('matrix'[productId])))
var Financing = CALCULATE(MAX('Table (2)'[Financing]),FILTER('Table (2)',[financing_company_id]=Company))
var DownPayment = CALCULATE(MAX('Table (2)'[Downpayment]),FILTER('Table (2)',[financing_company_id]=Company))
var Pricevalue = CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[price]),FILTER('Table',[productId]=MAX('matrix'[productId])))
var result1 = SWITCH(TRUE(),
MAX('matrix'[financing_comapany_id])=Company,Pricevalue*Financing,
ISBLANK(MAX('matrix'[financing_comapany_id])),DownPayment*Pricevalue,
BLANK())
return IF(ISBLANK(Company)&&ISBLANK(MAX('matrix'[financing_comapany_id])),Pricevalue,result1)

Gengar_1-1670157968324.png

Gengar_2-1670157987834.png

Hope this could help you!

Gengar

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors