Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Refresh chain

Hi there,

As recommended by Power BI Documentation (https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/dataflows/best-practices-developing-complex-dataflows), it's more efficient if you separate the ETL in different dataflows by having a staging dataflow and a transformation dataflow.
By doing so you gain a lot in efficiency, but not much on administration. As you split ETL in many dataflows and datasets, by the time you have to set a individual schedule configuration for each dataflow/dataset that belongs to the lineage.

To make schedule administration easier, it would be nice if we could configurate a Refresh Chain, where you could select a specific dataflow/dataset, view it's refresh timeline. Then all dataflow/dataset dependency would be shown in a timeline graph.

It would also be nice if we could configure the refresh schedule of the first dataflow/dataset in lineage and the following dataflow/datasets would have a option to schedule a update "As soon as possible".

Comments
Angry
Regular Visitor

Great Idea,
i had the same problem month ago, so i create a flow on power automate
But now i had like 30 flows and it's too much...