Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Matrix Expand all levels by Default Option

When loading a new column to the matrix hierarchy, the defualt of the matrix is to be in collapse mode and then the user need to drill down in order to see the entire selection, and my suggestion/my need is to always be in expand all mode. 

I know that if you save the report in drill down and then when you load it again the matrix will be expanded but a) that isn't a good solution overall b) it doesn't work in my situation where the matrix is dynamic and the user has a chance to remove and add layers to the hierarchy to his or hers choice with a switch/field parameter measure

so basically the idea is to have the matrix to be on expand all always

Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, 

I have the same issue also using the parameter field option in matrix

FrankG
Regular Visitor

Same issue here.  I want to allow the report viewers to make a selection of parameters to include in the matrix, but it should be expanded automatically, otherwise it is confusing and cumbersome

miquelmartorell
Advocate II

This is really necessary with parameters actually....

Kind regards

RossTaylorData
Regular Visitor

Facing the same issue on my end. Previously got around this by having [Product Id - Product Description - Pack Size] all as one column in the field parameter. However, it was inconvenient to separate out these when exported to Excel.

Would love an always auto-expand matrix option, as expanding is quite a small button for casual users to find on a matrix.

LukeRouge

I second all interventions.

Moreover if you choose to disable the +/- icon before exanding all rows you lose all levels after the first, they simply disappear.

With field parameter in use, like other said, it's even worst : each transition reset an "all collapsed" condition and, again, if you have chosen to disable +/- icon you literally see information (row sublevels) disappear from the visual without being able to restore again unless you re enable +/- icons.

It's close to be a bug imho

JohnF1966
Advocate V

This is definitley needed.

ManuGP
Frequent Visitor

Fell into this combination of requirements too (matrix visual, Field parameter to select field, we don't want any hierarchycal collapse/expand, just each selected dimension in a subsequent column) so need this as well.