Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Gantt Chart, Collapsed with Milestones

Needed: Gantt chart where 1) each row is its own project, 2) shows segments (bars) for time segments, and 3) shows milestones that can be labeled and be different colors.

ProjectTimingCard.png

Comments
cshrestha

Is there an ETA on this? This is a great feature that is currently available in Tableua and not in Power BI.

v-viig
Community Champion

No ETA. It's on backlog because our current focus is to migrate all of in-house visuals to versioned API ASAP.

We'll revisit this feature later this year.

Ignat Vilesov,

Software Engineer

Microsoft Power BI Custom Visuals

pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

helena-jade
Regular Visitor

This functionality will be the difference between Power BI being used or not. It's aa vital element to a Gantt Chart. Thank you

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a feature we've been asking our IS teams to push with MS for 2+ years now. We are having to send user to both PowerBI and Tableau Server for reports. Could really use this feature ASAP!

peterglobal
Frequent Visitor

Can we expect an ETA on this soon? @v-viig 

It is limiting reporting in PowerBI for time and project management a lot. 

Thanks.

Mstrande
Resolver I

Hi,

I must also emphasize the need of this kind of visual. I need a compact timing visual so when you look into a project you directly get an overview over the project plan together with cost etc in one page. I also like this ide of visual:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-can-I-create-the-excel-timeline-in-power-BI/m-p/783366#...

Timeline

Please put this in prio.

Mattias

EILOOP
Advocate I

This is a great idea and is needed.

Bump

Kopek
Helper IV

Hi! That's exactly what i am looking for, with one additional feature - hierachy view with few layers - eg. layer 1 = parent task, layer 2 = task, layer 3 - child task, layer 4 = small activity with possibility to expand and roll-up. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Is there an update on development of this functionality? The timeline feature with milestones as described here is a vital element that is missing in Power BI and would be extremely helpful to have in our organisation. 

Thank you

Mstrande
Resolver I

Hi,

I found one solution called Gantt 2.2.3 but it seem that its not certified and therefore I cannot make PPT.

Pleas Bi team, fix this.

Mattias