Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Allow string comparison in Conditional Formatting by Rules

I forgot to mention this during #MBAS. The Conditional formatting is great but I think it'd be better if the Format by "Rules" allows string comparisons. For example, if my measure evaluates to a string that says "multiple selections", blank(), or to a specific string value I found in my column after evaluating some DAX expressions, I'd like to format an element of my visual with a specific color. Otherwise, with another one.

As a current workaround, I am forced to create yet another measure to evaluate the conditions and return the specific color. Then, I use this new measure with Format by "Field value". However, I could avoid creating a measure just to determine the color if I can use the Format by "Rules" and evaluate my string results there.

Going one step further, it would be good to be able to alter the "visible" property of visuals via expressions. This means that, based on the result of my expression(s), the visual will be shown or completely hidden from the user.

These types of conditional formatting will have a similar feel as to the one in PowerApps.

Thanks!