Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

emil-eklund
Frequent Visitor

`refreshHostData` stopped working in published visual

Hi,

We have developed a custom visual which writes data to an external API, and then triggers a refresh of host data to synchronize the data that was written back into the Power BI Model.

This has worked perfectly, with the small caveat mentioned in this issue where it says that the visual must be published for refresh to be available. (Further confirmed by this github issue, though not documented anywhere AFAIK)

After the latest update to our visual however, we no longer have access to this API, even though we are on App Source.

As a hack, I tried changing the ID of the visual to match another older visual, and then it started working again, so it is clearly tied to the ID of the visual.

How can we regain the privilege to access this API?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @emil-eklund,

As per the linked GH issue, for priviliged APIs you will still need to contact the team for explicit permission even if your visual is in AppSource (as it needs to be whitelisted by GUID) - pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @emil-eklund,

As per the linked GH issue, for priviliged APIs you will still need to contact the team for explicit permission even if your visual is in AppSource (as it needs to be whitelisted by GUID) - pbicvsupport@microsoft.com

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors