Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jkrey
Frequent Visitor

cards with individual histograms

Hello, I'm new to Power BI and would like suggestions on how to achieve a custom visualization. User case: We are interviewing candidates and need scoring metrics immediately after interviews to discuss rankings. We have ~20 interviewers and ~50 candidates. Each interviewer meets with each candidate and gives an overall score (0-10). The data are entered via a Powerapps Canvas app and collected in an Excel worksheet with rows = applicants, columns = interviewers. So, each applicant has a single score from each interviewer. The worksheet also contains demographic info for applicants, URLs for their pictures, etc.

My goal is a dashboard or report with a gallery of cards, where each card displays the applicant with their photo, a few demographic details, their rank by overall score, mean and SD of overall score. So far, I think I can do all of this with Card Browser. However, I'd also like to display a histogram of the applicant's scores and overlay that on the histogram for all applicants. The idea is to see how much the interviewers agree in their scoring for an applicant and compare that distribution to the whole applicant pool. Card Browser seems to have no capability to add custom visuals. I've considered instead creating the gallery in another Canvas app, but it seems that visuals from Power BI cannot be added within a Canvas gallery, only outside of a gallery.

Any suggestions on how to achieve the goal here would be greatly appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Does Card Browser support tooltips?  You could create a tooltip page with the histogram.

Thanks for that ... "tip"! Not that I can see in its options.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.