Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Visualise distributions with pre-summarised data

G’day everyone,

New user of Power BI and first-time poster.

I want to know how I can create a visualisation of key distribution statistics (e.g. minimum, first quartile, medium, third quartile and maximum) using data that has already been summarised?

For example, consider the data example in the first screenshot below. I can use excel to show these statistics as a box and whisker plot that dynamically responds to the filters I’ve applied (see second screenshot below).

Data screenshotData screenshot

Plot screenshotPlot screenshot

Is it possible to do something similar in Power BI? The only non-negotiable constraint is that the data is already summarised (like the example in the first screenshot). The visualisation doesn’t have to be a box and whisker plot, just something that highlights the distribution. The structure of the data set can also be different (e.g. the summary statistics can be restructured as columns rather than rows as they are in the example attached).

Thanks in advance for all your help!

PS: This forum would be even better if members could post files so responders had access to sample data or other reference material.

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors