Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Adalro
Frequent Visitor

Visual for chronological history of machine states with integration of a shift schedule

Hi,

I would like to display a real-timeline with different machine states (e.g. productive, unproductive, fault) in one bar.
I have the Event Viewer Chart but it is very limited in its function. The bar starts at the time of the first event, which could be 8 o'clock (as shown in the picture).

example_eventviewer.png

However, I want to view the entire day, i.e. everything between 0 and 24 o'clock. The time that is not occupied can be displayed as unknown.

Does anyone have an idea which visual would be suitable for this?
Craydec Timelines would be another option. The free license is also very limited here. Does anyone know if the full license would help me? If so, I would buy the license.

Thanks a lot in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Adalro
Frequent Visitor

Hi @lbendlin 

The "machine" writes the data in real time to a database located in our SQL server.

Thx

That's unfortunate. Would be better if it would push the rows into a streaming dataset.

Anyway, you need to access your SQL table in Direct query mode and you need to enable APR.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

how are you updating the dataset?  is that an import mode, Direct Query, or Streaming/Push dataset?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Fabric Career Hub

Microsoft Fabric Career Hub

Explore career paths and learn resources in Fabric.

Fabric Partner Community

Microsoft Fabric Partner Community

Engage with the Fabric engineering team, hear of product updates, business opportunities, and resources in the Fabric Partner Community.

Power BI Header Change

Power BI Header Update

Read about the exciting updates for the Power BI forum.

Top Solution Authors