Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GOLIVE
Regular Visitor

Visual HTTP/HTTPS image links with the Microsoft seal of approval

Hello PBI community,

Another user and I are developing separate dashboards that need to display images provided by web URLs (HTTP/HTTPS). As you know, Power BI doesn't have any built-in visualization for large images, so our alternative was to use a visual from Microsoft's Marketplace within Power BI, "Image by CloudScope.¹" The problem is that our company's security policy has not approved this visual because it doesn't have the Microsoft seal of approval. There is a "PRO" version of this visual that does have the seal of approval ("Image PRO by CloudScope"), but the verified version only supports image calls in Base64 or SVG², not via HTTP/HTTPS links.

¹

GOLIVE_1-1676412604230.png

²(PRO VERSION)

GOLIVE_2-1676412659308.jpeg

Is there any visual that accepts HTTP/HTTPS image links with the Microsoft seal of approval?

Could you please recommend a reliable one?

Thank you for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @GOLIVE,

It's a requirement for Microsoft certification that a custom visual cannot access any external resources, so you will not find a visual that will load images over HTTP and be certified.

If  Power BI is configured to only allow certified visuals, admins can potentially add a visual to the organizational store, which effectively 'whitelists' it (assuming that they will permit this as an option and you aren't using Power BI Report Server).

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
dm-p
Super User
Super User

Hi @GOLIVE,

It's a requirement for Microsoft certification that a custom visual cannot access any external resources, so you will not find a visual that will load images over HTTP and be certified.

If  Power BI is configured to only allow certified visuals, admins can potentially add a visual to the organizational store, which effectively 'whitelists' it (assuming that they will permit this as an option and you aren't using Power BI Report Server).

Regards,

Daniel

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

My course: Introduction to Developing Power BI Visuals

On how to ask a technical question, if you really want an answer (courtesy of SQLBI)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors