Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Edwin1234
Frequent Visitor

Slicer selection determine the column of the table

Hi, I would like to ask is it possible that Power BI able to develop the dashboard like the photo attached ? If can, may I get some ideas on how to develop ? 

The dashboard has 5 slices and each slicer is referred to the column of the table, the selection of slicer is the column name which able to select the column name and the table able to display the data of that column. The 1st slicer is referred to the 1st column of the table, 2nd slicer is referred to the 2nd column and so on. The 2nd column of the table is like the drill-down of the 1st column, 3rd column is like the drill-down of the 2nd column while column 4 and column 5 are the measure value. 

For example, when the user selects 'region' for the 1st slicer, 'distributor' for the 2nd slicer, 'salesman; for the 3rd slicer, 'year/month' for the 4th slicer and 'value in box' for the 5th slicer, the table will show all the regions for 1st column, all the distributors for the 2nd column and so on. 

Thank you

image.jpeg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You are overcomplicating things. Teach your users how to use the "Personalize visual" process.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jprdynamicapps
Helper IV
Helper IV

Yes, this can be done by unpivoting the data.

See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-OWNaCUU0o for an example.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You are overcomplicating things. Teach your users how to use the "Personalize visual" process.

Thanks @lbendlin for your suggestion, I able to customize the table with the required format. Appreciate it

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors