Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

13havya
Frequent Visitor

How to view metric by dimension in matrix visual

Hi,

I am trying to build a matrix visual laid out in the following template.  

Measure/Month-YearJan-24Feb-24Mar-24
Measure 1   
        Dim1   
        Dim2   
        Dim3   
Measure 2   
        Dim1   
        Dim2   
        Dim3   

When I try to create a matrix visual by adding my measures, add the dimension fields in the rows section, and add my metrics, and turn on the "switch values to rows" option, it displays the data per dimension, rather than per metric, like so- 

Measure/Month-YearJan-24Feb-24Mar-24
Dim 1   
        Measure 1   
        Measure 2   
Dim 2   
        Measure 1   
        Measure 2   
Dim 3   
        Measure 1   
        Measure 2   

Is there a way I can display the data in the aforementioned format using the default visuals in Power BI. I am happy to add external visuals as long as they are AppSource verified as this page would be sent as a subscription to several users in the business. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Power BI does not support dynamic buckets.  You need to bring your own buckets.  In your case that means you need to create a disconnected table with a list of your measure names.  Then you need to add that to the row area, and modify your measures to sense if the respective measure name is in the selected values of the current filter context.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Power BI does not support dynamic buckets.  You need to bring your own buckets.  In your case that means you need to create a disconnected table with a list of your measure names.  Then you need to add that to the row area, and modify your measures to sense if the respective measure name is in the selected values of the current filter context.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors