Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

sophietje1p

Filter Top N rows to keep visual from breaking

Hi all,

I have a table visual with over 1 million rows (1 trillion), which gives an error untill a dashboard user uses filters to reduce the number of rows to somewhere below 1 million. Using conditional formatting, I have made the visual transparant when: countdistinct(unique row id) > 150.000, aka when the visual would exceed 150.000 rows. 

Ideally, the visual would be invisible untill a user filters below 150.000 rows, and then appear. However, now the visual breaks when it exceeds 1 million rows, creating the well-known grey square, which is not what I want in my dashboard. 

So far I've tried using the Top N filter in the filter pane (top 150.000 unique row id), but this works extremely slow and is therefore not feasible. However, a function like this would be exactly what I'm looking for. I'm working with DirectQuery so I can't create a calculated table with the top 150.000 / 1 million rows.

Are there other ways to reduce the data in my visual so that it doesn't break anymore? 

Thanks a lot! 

Sophie

1 REPLY 1
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Challenge your business users about the usefulness of that table visual. No user will ever scroll past the first 100 rows.

Aggregate your data in a meaningful way.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors