Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

TK212
Frequent Visitor

Dynamic Slicer selection of First value based on User Profile

I am trying to get a slicer selection work dynamically based on logged user profile.

For E.x if 'User A' has access to "abc, xyz,edf" and "User B" has access to "rft,kjf,qsc",

When the "User A" opens the dashboard, Slicer should Select one value from "abc, xyz,edf" value and when "User B" opens the dashboard slicer should select one value from "rft,kjf,qsc". 

Note:

1. Number of users and values is not fixed.

2. Slicer can select any value based on user Security, no specific order or value.

Values

User Name

abcUser A
xyzUser A
edfUser A
rftUser B
kjfUser B
qscUser B
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TK212
Frequent Visitor

I was able to resolve this issue of Default value Selection from A slicer.

In my case I used a "Chiclet Slicer" to resolve my problem. 

This slicer helped me to make dynamic default value selection based on User Security/RLS.

I guess the Other one I can use in this scenario is "Pre-selected Slicer". Since there's was no proper documentation available on web around implementation of it, so I wasn't able to use it. If anyone has idea or link around this particular slicer please share the link below.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TK212
Frequent Visitor

I was able to resolve this issue of Default value Selection from A slicer.

In my case I used a "Chiclet Slicer" to resolve my problem. 

This slicer helped me to make dynamic default value selection based on User Security/RLS.

I guess the Other one I can use in this scenario is "Pre-selected Slicer". Since there's was no proper documentation available on web around implementation of it, so I wasn't able to use it. If anyone has idea or link around this particular slicer please share the link below.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Allow users to save their filter choices.  These will then be remembered and re-applied when the user returns to the report. Much easier and user friendly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors