Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

yudhi5
Frequent Visitor

Conditional formatting color on x-axis label

Hi All,

I'm working on bar chart with x-axis contain year & week arrangement. I want to apply some conditional formatting on x-axis label to give indication of particular week, ie. week 43 with different color against the rest. i have arrange additional column 'cweek' contain '0' and '1' to differentiate current week vs the rest.

However, when i apply conditional formatting, with any method, turns out all the color still same and no difference on current week. (gradient, rules, field value with column 'cweekcol'). Any idea how to work on conditional formatting or 1-0 condition cannot work here?

i prefer to apply coloring in the x axis label, not the data label, bar to ensure the color is there even when the data is zero (bar not shown).

conditional_formatting_color_xaxislabelconditional_formatting_color_xaxislabel

conditional_formatting_color_xaxislabel 

thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BeaBF
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@yudhi5 Hi! 

There is no way you can do it, because in the axis of the chart, as in the title, you are not in the filter context, so it applies the same value to all the labels, he cannot understand the underlying value what you see. 

BBF

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
harlanrodrigo
Regular Visitor

Hi, @yudhi5!

I have exctally the same need that you, but the conditional formatting is not working as well. All the axis-label changed but don't how the filter was builded.

Do you find any solution to this?

Thank you very much!

lucadelicio
Super User
Super User

Same problem any resolution 😞

Why there is a conditional formatting pane if this doesn't works with the filter context?

Mah!

Luca D'Elicio

Please change the condition like below see if it works for you. Instead of percent use number

YendeMazo_0-1668715281762.png

Is not the same FX option.

lucadelicio_0-1668762531192.png

lucadelicio_1-1668762542560.png

There isn't the icon field.

Thank you in any case.

Luca D'Elicio
BeaBF
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@yudhi5 Hi! 

There is no way you can do it, because in the axis of the chart, as in the title, you are not in the filter context, so it applies the same value to all the labels, he cannot understand the underlying value what you see. 

BBF

JontyB
Frequent Visitor

thanks for this explanation, ive been pulling my hair our trying to work out why my axis wasnt shows the correct colour, and from your explanation i realies that i was using another table to provide the X-axis therefore my condiditonal formatiing has no idea of the value of my calculation... 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors