Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

sdrljaca
Frequent Visitor

Charticulator: How to show Grid Between Mark

NoTick but Grid.jpg

Hi, how to show Grid Between Marks and not to have Tick in the middle (in Deneb Vega-Lite it is done with "tickBand": "extent")? Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
giammariam
Super User
Super User

@sdrljaca, apologies! I completely misunderstood your question and thought that you were going from charticulator to deneb. Unfortunately I have not spent nearly enough time in charticulator to be effective. This is something I'd like to change. In the meantime, here are some folks that I've seen on the forums who have answered charticulator related questions. Maybe one of them could help, or could point you to someone who can?

Madison Giammaria
Proud to be a Super User 😄
LinkedIn

Do you frequently use Deneb to provide insights to your stakeholders? Have you considered sponsoring this free and open source custom visual? More info here!
giammariam
Super User
Super User

Hey @sdrljaca, you can handle the grid with bandPosition and you can modify the label position with labelOffset. You can hide the tick marks by setting tickOpacity to 0.

Take a look at this gist for an example I generated for this scenario.

If this gets you moving, consider kudoing this post and choosing it as the solution.

giammariam_1-1677434648071.png

Madison Giammaria
Proud to be a Super User 😄
LinkedIn

Do you frequently use Deneb to provide insights to your stakeholders? Have you considered sponsoring this free and open source custom visual? More info here!

Hi, thank you for this solution in Vega-Lite Deneb (it is better than I did), but I want to do the same in Charticulator. Can you recreate it in Charticulator, please?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors