Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied Filter but Matrix Report Still Shows All Data

Hi, 

I applied a filter but the one of the matrix columns still shows all data (there is a DAX measure) instead of the filtered one hwile the other one works fine (no DAX measure). On the left matrix column, the filter works on the measure DAX for but still shows all data (showing all 100%). 

Could anyone please advise what went wrong here?

DAX1.PNGRelationship Power BI.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can observe that the issue "goes away"  when you remove the measure

lbendlin_0-1640723865500.png

So yes, your measure definition overrides the data model.  Your data model can also be improved/normalized.  I would recommend you separate out the geography dimension from the role dimension.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
zaraheyd
Frequent Visitor

Hi ratak, 

I don't think it is your measure override the filter. I experienced the same issue and replaced my measure (which was a simple average) with the column itself and set it to show the average. This did not resolved . But once I filtered out in transformation , this time the filtered was applied. 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Is your DAX measure overriding your data model filters?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks lbendlin. 

I am not too sure if my DAX measure overides the data model filter. I did a research and still couldnt find out why, i thought DAX is supposed to be dynamics. 

Below is my DAX. Here is the link to the files, https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RnHae0iu8atjK5ao3t4YbDVC6C570GFu?usp=sharing.

Could you please help to take a look what goes wrong? Million thanks!

ratnak_0-1640583372510.png

You can observe that the issue "goes away"  when you remove the measure

lbendlin_0-1640723865500.png

So yes, your measure definition overrides the data model.  Your data model can also be improved/normalized.  I would recommend you separate out the geography dimension from the role dimension.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors