Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JeffB
Advocate I
Advocate I

how do I post a comment/question

It wasn't intuitively obvious/readily discoverable just how I could add a post

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Maybe this is just a critique, not sure.

To post a message you have to go to Forums | [Forum Name] | and near the top is a link for "New Message".

I agree that it can be a little non-intuitive if you just want to go to the Community site and post a message, but then you'd have to pick which forum it should go into and such.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
Vihaan99

I am getting below error when I am applying this query in power BI.

Vihaan99_1-1704789250652.png

Vihaan99_0-1704789211049.png

simranbajwa14

Hello 

My Desktop Power BI is showing problem with webviewer 2... I cant complete my school assigments.. please help.

rangeet1
Frequent Visitor

I am new in  this community. I am trying to make a cohort analysis. In which there two column dates in different tables , Enrollment date as first purchase date and sale dates as continious sales dates. Enrollemnt date takes place only once for each customer. These both dates are uniquely related by customer ID.With  * to 1 relationship.

I can make cohort when there is one date column. but with two dates that are both in squence im struggling. 

Can comeone pease help to explain the process in such a case. 

Thank you 

Hello @rangeet1,

Please post the question in the community forum for the better visibility and to get answer from community experts. 

Forum link: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/bd-p/power-bi-designer

Please click on New Message button to post a question. 

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns! 

Regards,

Kinjal

Kinjal
Kinjal
Employee
Employee

Hello @Anonymous,

Thank you so much for posting your question! You can post your question regarding Power BI service in the Service forum. https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Service/bd-p/power-bi-web-app

Thank you for being part of the community!

Regards,

Kinjal

Kinjal
Radek_Z
Advocate I
Advocate I

So how did you end up posting your question? I still can't figure it out. From first principles...where do I go to find this elusive "Post a question" button??

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am still unable to find the place where I can post a question about powerbi seevice which is unable  to read data files from file server

PatrickWong
Helper I
Helper I

I need a new visual and it seem simple but woudl not find the solution

my data are

SequencePerformancePercentageTarget
1Red98.0%100.0%
2yellow99.9%100.0%
3orange99.1%98.0%
4blue91.5%98.0%
5black100.0%99.6%
6brown82.8%95.0%

and I would appreciate some help to develope this visual

Screenshot 2020-10-09 203804.jpg

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Maybe this is just a critique, not sure.

To post a message you have to go to Forums | [Forum Name] | and near the top is a link for "New Message".

I agree that it can be a little non-intuitive if you just want to go to the Community site and post a message, but then you'd have to pick which forum it should go into and such.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

i can not find, could you share some screen shots, please?

Hello @Setosa,

Here is a link to the forums under Get Help with Power BI.

Link: https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Get-Help-with-Power-BI/ct-p/PBI_GetHelp 

Once you choose a forum, you will see the "New Message" button.

Natalie_iTalent_0-1708612158970.png

I hope this helps.

Best,

Natalie H.

Community Manager

thanks got it ❤️

Expression.Error: The key didn't match any rows in the table.. Key = <ccon>[name = "Raw Data", ItemKind = "Table"]. Table = #table({"name", "SheetorRangeId", "Data", "ItemKind", "ItemName", "IsLeaf"}, {}). </ccon>;The key didn't match any rows in the table.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: Planner.

Hi Greg, instead of me starting a new thread. I want to post a personal project Dashboard for some feedback etc. Could you direct to the best way in doing this?

Cheers pal!

Niall

Please tell how to do it in 2023 as we are having a lot of updated version

Anonymous
Not applicable

seriously though where is the button, the button at the top of forums taht says "new" isn't a buttonpower bi sucks.PNG

Hello @Anonymous  - In the screenshot you are on the homepage of the community. 'New' here indicates how many new topics are in the corresponding board. To make a post you, need to navigate to the discussion board that most closly aligns with your topic, and select 'New Message'. 

More information about using the community can be found in our support area, specifically check out: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Using-the-Community/Asking-Answering-and-Accepting/ta-p/680259

Anonymous
Not applicable

There is something more to this apparently.

I searched for this becaue I can't figure out how to post a question.  I find this thread...I read the link you referencee...I tried several groups.  

To be really picky there is nothing called "discussion board" anywhere on this site...so I'm assuming you mean navigate to the "Forum" that "most closly aligns with your topic".  Ok...I did that.."Let's Talk Data" 

I'm logged in...I see the New Post "count" but it's not a link...so where is the illusive "New Post" link?

I'm sure I'm making some crazy noob mistake but I can't seem to figure it out...so kick me in the right direction please!  🙂

Power BI Post Question.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors