Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PabloVR
Frequent Visitor

community.powerbi.com forces sign-in using Browser profile account

Hello,

I and probably many people, like to have my personal account linked to learning and community resources as MS Learn or the Power BI Community. This makes things easy to keep the credentials job/workplace-agnostic.

I'm using MS Edge as my main browser because my new job is using Microsoft accounts, and while I can sign-in to Microsoft Learn with my personal email while using the work profile in MS Edge, community.powerbi.com just always tries to SSO Oauth using the MSEdge profile email  instead of letting you choose the account you wish to use to login.

Is there any way to let me choose the login account while using my work profile in the browser. I'd like to avoid having another browser window opened just to navigate the PowerBI community with my personal-email-dependant Community Account

Best regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PabloVR
Frequent Visitor

In case someone comes here looking for a solution, albeit not perfect, I was able to cancel the auto-login and select another microsoft account.

You just have to be quick and precise to hit the "cancel" button that appears for less than a second in the SSO prompt in the middle of the browser.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PabloVR
Frequent Visitor

In case someone comes here looking for a solution, albeit not perfect, I was able to cancel the auto-login and select another microsoft account.

You just have to be quick and precise to hit the "cancel" button that appears for less than a second in the SSO prompt in the middle of the browser.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors