Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Kostja
Regular Visitor

Will this community cover the former Excel Power BI part, too?

I'm wondering if this community will also cover questions related to the former Power BI Excel Add-Ins like Power Query, Power Pivot, Power View and Power Map.

Currently I find it very confusing, that I can't get to the old Power BI page, because it is already redirected to the new one, but I'm still able to find the Excel subsite: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/powerBI/home/excel.aspx

And also will these Add-Ins be rebranded/renamed to not longer be part of Power BI?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Kostja,

If this is something that you would like to see, please submit the idea on our feedback topic.

There's no older Power BI page because powerbi.microsoft.com is the page now. As you will notice moving forward we are moving all content to our new site. What you see on the Excel URL is a summary of the Business Analytics features in Excel, information that you will find soon on Office.com which happen to great with Power BI as Steven said.

Data for Everyone! We mean it

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi Kostja,

If this is something that you would like to see, please submit the idea on our feedback topic.

There's no older Power BI page because powerbi.microsoft.com is the page now. As you will notice moving forward we are moving all content to our new site. What you see on the Excel URL is a summary of the Business Analytics features in Excel, information that you will find soon on Office.com which happen to great with Power BI as Steven said.

Data for Everyone! We mean it
Steven_Wang
Regular Visitor

HI Kostja,

I think that the skill and concept of power query and power view is portable and transferable here. Particulary, the power query questions will definitly apply to both. and most people here have passion on Power BI are also very knowledgeable on Power Query and Power VIew..

Powerpiovt in no long mentioned in the new PowerBI but the dax skill is transferable and definitly there are expert here to answer these questions. There are new data model capbility built into the Power BI which will not be available in Power Pivot 2013, like bi-direction filtering, DAX parameter etc.

As to Power Map, I think (I might be wrong) they are different teams, Power Map is not currently available on Cloud and there is no timeline revealed when this could happen.

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors