Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Selecting text on this site

I cannot seem to select any text on this site. I have tried in IE11 and Chrome. Hovering over text changes my mouse cursor to the big I indicating that I can select, but when I hold down the left mouse button to actually select text, nothing gets highlighted. This is super annoying when people paste sample data that I want to copy and paste into a CSV file or when I am trying to quote a post. I don't have this issue on any other website that I frequent so wondering what gives?

Note, if I am editing a post, I can select the text, like in this post I can select the text but once it is posted, nada, unless I go in to edit the post, which of course I can't do to someone else's post.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It would appear that the site is now working. I can also confirm, that when the gentlemen brought this up, it was indeed broken...

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Great! Thanks @Greg_Deckler@andre adn @Seth_C_Bauer.

You guys have been awesome helping jumpstart the site so we relly appreciate it.

We know it's not perfect but we are making improvements as we find them everyday.

Data for Everyone! We mean it

Hi again @Greg_Deckler and @andre 

We can't seem to replicate the issue on our side. Can you check again and if possible send us screenshots / repro instructions?

It doesn't seem to be a permission or browser issue.

Thanks again!

It would appear that the site is now working. I can also confirm, that when the gentlemen brought this up, it was indeed broken...

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

works for me now too...

andre
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

I agree, this is very annoying

We'll investigate this and get back to you @andre and @Greg_Deckler.

Like usual, thanks for helping make the site better.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors