Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Merging Power BI Community 2 User Names

Dear Sir/Madam,

Recently I have switched company and can't find way to login using existing username. I had a Power BI Community account with Username: ShivendooKumar

After joining new company, I got a new email address and I did not find any option to login to community using my old Username: ShivendooKumar so created a new one: Shivendoo

I am interested to merge my old Power BI Community Username: ShivendooKumar to new one Shivendoo. Can this be done?

Let me know if you need more information.

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7
BrandyG_iTalent
Administrator
Administrator

Hello @Anonymous 

You'll need to open a to open a support case by visiting https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/power-bi-cannot-sign-in. Please include the community user/profile name and email address you previously used to log into the community, as well as the newly created community user/profile name and email address of the account you create. 

Let me know if you have any problems!

Hi Brandy, I would like to do the same but tried to open a support case using the link you provided but I'm getting an error. Basically, I have a profile that I used at my last place of work (that I can no longer access) and would like all that history to be merged with my new profile. Are you able to help with this?

Hello @markclarke - If your previous community account still exists (your previous employer didn't request it to be deleted), we can map the old account to your new account. However, there is no option to 'merge' community accounts - the old profile info would overwrite the new community info. We've recently implemented a support form that you can complete for this request and we will assist you: http://aka.ms/PPCommSupport

In that case, I would like to map my old account with my new one. Is that smething you can help with? Old accout is mark.clarke@tafensw.edu.au

The form does not have the issue to choose and there is no 'Other' so this did not help me. 

Community help form q3.jpg

What other information do you require? I have provided my existing community account details and my old details.

please advise

Hello @markclarke,

Please select the option of 'I want to update my email address' and fill out the details in the form.

Thank you,

Kinjal

Kinjal

Thanks Kinjal, I have just done that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors