Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

edhans
Super User
Super User

Is the automated Spam detector turned up too high?

A user posted this thread last week and it was marked spam. I cannot see why it would be, but I can confirm I've had seemingly normal posts marked as spam in the past as well.

So @Anonymous created another thread, which worked. I would have done, and have done, the same thing in the past not understanding how the spam review process works or how fast it can get moved out of the spam bucket.

Then at some point, the first thread got move out of Spam, probably by a mod in the background. So now there are two threads, and various users are responding to these dual threads not aware there is another thread where work is being done. This obviously causes confusion and frustration on the part of users providing answers, as well as the OP in obtaining an answer.

Can someone look at turning down the spam filter? I think now that everyone is required to use an organizational account it may be less of an issue than when it was when anyone with a hotmail address could post whatever they wanted.

Thanks.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@edhans;@Anonymous  -Good day!  

The platform scans for spam automatically and we monitor all flagged posts to determine whether or not the content should be unmarked. There are multiple variables the platform scans for and I have no way of knowing exactly what triggered your post to be flagged. Some common trigger items are copy and pasting content in and multiple edits. 

The admins look at the spam reports on a daily basis and will move them back as soon as possible if it is in error.  If you have a post that goes to spam and you feel that it is in error, please feel free to reach out and let us know.

Thanks for being a part of the community!

Heather

Community Manager

cc: @Kinjal

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@edhans thanks for creating the post.

In additiona I want to mention that I edited the post a couple of times after creating it, to fix grammar and other formatting. Don't know if that had any effect, although it shouldn't.

Shouldn't. If rapid editing will trigger a spam warning, about 90% of my posts would be flagged as such. 😂

Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

@GabrielStJohn 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello admins, would you kindly respon to this post?

I just had another post of mine marked as spam, and that too was again after making an edit. Please find it below.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/DAX-Commands-and-Tips/Calculating-value-differences-for-each-week/m...

@heaher_iTalent - can you assist?

@edhans;@Anonymous  -Good day!  

The platform scans for spam automatically and we monitor all flagged posts to determine whether or not the content should be unmarked. There are multiple variables the platform scans for and I have no way of knowing exactly what triggered your post to be flagged. Some common trigger items are copy and pasting content in and multiple edits. 

The admins look at the spam reports on a daily basis and will move them back as soon as possible if it is in error.  If you have a post that goes to spam and you feel that it is in error, please feel free to reach out and let us know.

Thanks for being a part of the community!

Heather

Community Manager

cc: @Kinjal

Anonymous
Not applicable

@heaher_iTalent thank you for the response!

I understand that it's something to do with the spam filter, but I guess it's to be expected a bit of copy-pasting and editing in a programming related forum, so I don't know how effective it is to have those filters that sensitive.

Thank you, and I will inform mods if this happened agian.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors