Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Find articles, guides, information and community news

Most Recent
Kumail
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

What we can achieve if Azure Synapse is integrated with Power BI.

Read more...

Anonymous
Not applicable

We all write our codes in a proper format so that readability and understanding of codes become easy. While working with POWER BI, we use DAX Expressions to write our measures and calculated columns. We know that formatting is not required in DAX. It’s normal to see DAX expressions that span over 10 to 20 -lines or more, depending on the complexity and requirements. Sometimes we ignore DAX format as it is time-consuming, and we need to press ALT+ENTER for the new line, which is out of habit for all of us. There is too much ambiguity, and a lack of official specification makes it even harder to comprehend. Whenever I am working with Power BI, I use the following technique to measure it. 

Read more...

neil_varnas_IP
Helper I
Helper I

We recently helped The Oil & Gas Technology Center (OGTC) and Microsoft to facilitate a codeless Power Platform hackathon to solve industry challenges like tackling CO2 emissions, avoiding downtime, increasing asset efficiency, etc. Intelligent Plant provided a live connection to vendors historians some of which contained years of data using the Industrial App Store.  Rightfully, the participants (engineers, data scientists and others) went ahead and tried to extract RAW data from data silos containing 5+ years of data for multiple sensors at 1s frequency, but is this the right approach?

IAS-Power Platform-Wind.png

Read more...

neil_varnas_IP
Helper I
Helper I

Data historians are used throughout industry for mass-long term storage of time series data. There are a number of historians on the market with varying popularity but one thing they tend to have in common is their lack of integration options to popular visualisation tools such as Microsoft Power BI. Until now....

Read more...

MirandaLi
Employee
Employee

If you are an adventurous kind, you might discover a vast array of fancy chart types beyond the regulars you see or use every day: Sankey chart, spider chart (radar), waffle chart, candle stick chart, stream graph, sunburst, word cloud, stacked bubbles, and you name it. At some point, you might start to question: do I really need to know every visualization display ever created to be an effective analyst? My advice is: master core chart types first before getting fancy! It’s like storing house-fixing tools in your garage.

Read more...

EnterpriseDNA
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Recently I ran a free workshop for all of those connected to Enterprise DNA in some way. It was all about dashboarding and how to develop really compelling reports. Here's the reporting dashboard I showcased as I ran through my best practice visualization techniques - I'm making it available for download here along with the workshop recording

Multi Year Performance.JPG

Read more...

Helpful resources

Join Blog
Interested in blogging for the community? Let us know.