Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Find articles, guides, information and community news

Most Recent
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

In many opportunities the most important thing for the users is the privacy. Knowing who can see what. Those scenarios usually follow two rules. From one hand avoiding access to a full report and on the other hand avoid read access to a specific page of the report and rows. What would happen if they want them both in the same report? I have seen Microsoft recommendations and many users talking about connecting a new blank report to the dataset and just copy the pages that the user should see. However, that's not a very good solution because each modification you have for the report you must do it twice. That's two reports and not even one with an admin permission to see all pages and a regular permission to just see one or two pages. This will become even more complicated if you have more than 2 types of users. You should build new reports for each of them.

This article will help us to handle page navigation permission with RLS. The solution might be similar to dynamic RLS solutions like this blog post.

Read more...

TedPattison
Employee
Employee

Looking for a way to surface Power BI reports on pages in a Salesforce organization? This session will teach you how to embed reports in Salesforce using either User-Owns-Data embedding or App-Owns-Data embedding.

Read more...

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Scenario: 

I would like to get only one max value for each student ID. For example, a company needs to examine each person's attendance and identify the arrival time for being late monthly, but for the clarity of the report, it is required that if there is a duplication of the arrival time for being late, only one is identified.

Another example is a sales company that needs to mark the maximum monthly sales of each salesperson on the sales sheet and display the data during meetings. At this time, the maximum sales are duplicated, and if they are all marked, it will affect the beauty of the whole report, so only one of the duplicated maximum values should be randomly marked.

Read more...

Elmothana2
Helper I
Helper I

if it is not turned on, there will not be log records

Read more...

Helpful resources

Join Blog
Interested in blogging for the community? Let us know.