Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Find articles, guides, information and community news

Most Recent
DataZoe
Employee
Employee

A recent report I created showed cards at the top of the report by different status: Total, Green, Yellow, and Red. Intuitively, you would want to click on the card for "Red" to see all the data about those. I can show you a technique to do that with a treemap and transparent coloring via a measure! For my example, I am instead using orders grouped by sales amount as my cards.

Read more...

V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

The basic navigation panel used by M query function can calculate with query table records and add different query steps into the query table. They were not suitable to handle some complex scenarios(e.g. apply some advanced operations with its result or interaction with its calculations contents).  

In this article, I would like to share some tips on nested functions to handle some general scenarios where some basic functions don’t work.

Read more...

v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Python and Power BI
There are many tutorials on Python scripts, but here I would like to offer some insights on using Python combined with Power BI. The official document  already have a tutorial on how to install Python and some basic uses. We can either install python Anaconda3 pack or download python and install pandas and matplotlib packages with commands. Some commonly used packages are configured in Anaconda 3, it is not necessary to install pandas and matplotlib separately if Anaconda 3 is already installed.

Read more...

EnterpriseDNA
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

In this blog post, I will give you a comprehensive overview on the Power BI calculation groups. I’ll share with you some of my tutorials around calculation groups and you’ll see how and when to use them. 

Picture2.png

Read more...

AbhiSSRS
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

An exciting addition to Power BI April release is Power Automate Visual. This adds a host of capabilities to Power BI directly without relying on Power Apps. Users can now activate PA flows directly at the click of a button from Power BI passing necessary action values. This is not only restricted to operations like Send Mail or Create tasks but could also bring the Powerful Data Manipulation capabilities within Power BI. Here we take up a simple example to show how users can now delete records from Database with a click from Power BI. We were familiar with these SQL actions in Power Automate but there was no way to use them in power BI directly so far without having to use Power Apps. More Power to the platform!!
Read more...

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

A lot of us work with Power Query Editor in Power BI and are familiar with its different capabilities that it provides to a report developer. I was recently approached by one of my colleagues who has started learning Power BI, to check if there is a way to implement CONTAINS functionality on a TEXT column in Power BI in the similar fashion, we use LIKE operator in a SQL query.

Read more...

TedPattison
Employee
Employee

Learn advanced dataset programming using both the Power BI REST API and the Tabular Object Model (TOM). In this Power BI Dev Camp session, campers will learn how to create and clone datasets as well as how to extend the data model for a dataset by adding tables, columns, measures, hierarchies and table relationships. This session will also cover the how to automate patching datasource credentials and running dataset refresh operations.

Read more...

Helpful resources

Join Blog
Interested in blogging for the community? Let us know.