Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Find articles, guides, information and community news

Most Recent
mwegener
MVP

In the Power BI community, @EStieg had the idea of providing Power BI COVID-19 dashboards as screensaver. After a brief research, the following blog post was created.

Read more...

mwegener
MVP

Since the incremental refresh is already available with a Pro license, it was time for me to deal with this topic.

In the Power BI community, I found out that the known documentation describes how to set up an incremental refresh, but the examples are always based on a single query. In practice, however, combined queries from several subqueries are quite common.

Read more...

nickyvv
Community Champion
Community Champion

Exactly 1 year ago Microsoft announced the public preview of Power BI open-platform connectivity with XMLA endpoints. That allowed us to connect to Power BI Premium datasets with external tools, like SSDT, SSMS, SQL Server Profiler and DAX Studio.

0 Superset.png

On March 26, they took the next step and announced the public preview of read/write XMLA endpoints in Power BI Premium.

You can go to the link of the webinar to re-view the session given by Christian Wade last week.

Read more...

EnterpriseDNA
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Analyzing your customers is crucial for your business especially if you have a lot of customers. There are many ways and tools you could use to do this type of analysis, but Power BI is probably the most efficient analytical tool.  

In this post, I put together some of my most comprehensive tutorials around customer analysis using Power BI. This will serve as your guide on how to complete quality customer analysis in your own business environment. You’ll see how I analyze customer trends and behavior over time using DAX formulas and the power of creating great visualizations. 

customer analysis.png

Read more...

vivran22
Community Champion
Community Champion

Time Intelligence is a neat feature in Power BI, and, if we understand a few necessary aspects of how it works, then designing a robust data model becomes a straightforward task. For a beginner, it becomes elementary that we all understand what it takes to build a robust data model with Time Intelligence. A few frequently used Time-based calculations are Year-over-Year variation, comparing performance from the previous month or previous year the same month, YTD, QTD, and MTD. Time Intelligence functions make this task relatively simple.

Read more...

artemus
Employee
Employee

Want to learn the secret of how to add sparklines as a column to your table or matrix? Find out more here!

Table with SparklinesTable with Sparklines

Read more...

Nolock
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

The coronavirus pandemic is currently spreading around the globe. Two guys, Ben Sassoon and Sam Harris, have created a website https://howmuchtoiletpaper.com/ which explains that you do not need to hoard toilet paper. The website calculates the amount you need to survive a quarantine without changing your habits. Cool stuff. But what does it have in common with Power BI? Let’s find out.

Read more...

Helpful resources

Join Blog
Interested in blogging for the community? Let us know.